Nanditha Krishnan | October 22, 2021
This couscous salad recipe with black beans is the perfect balance of fresh vegetables and filling couscous. Completely vegetarian, this salad is light and satisfying, with each bite delivering a burst of summer flavors!
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 can of low sodium black beans
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
How to make your dish:
1. Bring to boil 1 ½ cups of water, adding some salt and olive oil. Once the water is boiling, add the couscous to the pot.
2. Stir the mixture thoroughly, then close the lid, and turn off the heat.
3. After 5 minutes, the couscous should be thoroughly cooked and fluffy. Stir gently with a spoon.
4. Rinse the black beans free of water and add them dry to a salad bowl. Add in your chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and yellow bell pepper.
5. Once the couscous has cooled add it to your salad bowl. Add salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1 half teaspoon of lemon juice (optional).
6. Toss together and serve chilled!
Let us know how your couscous salad turns out in the comments below!
Leave a Reply